Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Monday, June 27, 2005

Feeling Hot Hot Hot

Ok, this weekend was a scorcher but again we had things to do. My cousin Mark and his now wife were married Saturday in Neshanic Station at a beautiful chapel that had air conditioning - Thank God! Even so, my poor cousin was sweating his rear off! The reception followed at the Neshanic Valley Golf Course and we had a great time. Jen looked beautiful and Mark was handsome as ever and they were both real happy. Congrats guys! Sunday we had some of my family over to spend time with my cousin Todd who came up from Florida for Mark's wedding. Our plan was to cook out, but it was WAY to hot, so we ordered subs. David was hanging out in his little wading pool as we were all sweating bullets, so I made an executive decision. I went to Toys R Us with my cousins and we bought a pool! It is 13 x 39 and hold 2,200 + gallons on water. I had gift cards so I only paid about $50 for it. When we got it home, Steve and the guys put it together and by mid-afternoon it was ready. After David's nap, he went in with Steve. He was hesitant at first, but liked it in the end. The Yanks were on at 8 pm, so we came inside to watch. Everyone had left by the 5th inning and I was exhausted and could not wait to hit the hay. I did not find out that the Yanks came back to beat the Mets until David woke up screaming at 12:30 am. Aside from the good news about the Yanks, I was not a happy camper. I never did get back to sleep, so I am ready for bed now. Tomorrow is David's first day in Pre-School and I am very nervous. Not for him, for me. I hope I don't show up at work with raccoon eyes!

1 comment:

Laney said...

Cara, I love wedding pictures, thanks for posting them!

I know what you mean about the scorcher weekend we had. Even I was in the pool. :-)

David will be fine, he is such a sweet little boy and he will love preschool! Good Luck.