Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Friday, February 03, 2006

As Dorothy said, "There's no place like home."


She was not kidding! I arrived back in Jersey at 10:30 pm last night and was never so happy to be in NEWARK! Like I posted while I was gone, Kansas was good. The training was great, I met some nice people and the state is very pretty (in a plain way) but it's nothin' like JERSEY. After grabbing my bags from baggage claim, I walked out to find Steve and David waiting in the car. Steve gave me a big kiss, helped me with my bags and told me how glad he was that I was home. David was SLEEPING! I was so upset, but he looked SO cute. Steve picked me up Dunkin Donuts hot chocolate and a Mommy donut, but I was not ready to eat it, so we just walked about my trip and how his week went without me. David woke up when we arrived home. When I got him out of the car, he clung to me for life and I was SO happy! We went in the house and shared my Mommy donut and I drank my hot chocolate as he told me about his week. I could tell he REALLY missed me. After, I gave him his presents: boxing gloves, candy hearts, play-do, water color books and a Kansas State sweatshirt. I gave Steve his gifts: Kansas State long sleeve T-shirt & hat, steak rub & BBQ sauce. Then we were all so tired, we went up to bed. It felt so good to crawl into my own bed and I slept like a log (after giving my men a kiss good-night). Not that I had any doubts, but being away really made me realize how much I love my family and New Jersey.

1 comment:

Laney said...

Welcome home, Dorothy! :-)