Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Monday, February 20, 2006

A clean slate

Aside from a bad night's sleep (David has growing pains), I feel refreshed. Yesterday Steve and I started cleaning out our basement. And it needed a good cleaning out. While we were cleaning, Steve was also building. We had finished our basement in the summer of 2002, but after a few floods (our fault) and 3+ years of throwing stuff we do not use in the basement (instead of the garbage) it was a disaster. So, Steve put in 2 new doors, took down a few walls, put up a wall and fixed some ceiling tiles. It is actually starting to look like a place I can make a playroom for David. Some of the big stuff we threw out, we put on our street and it was gone by morning. I am glad someone could use it. Most of the other items are from when David was a baby and I plan on donating them to a place my cousin Laura-Ann's mom volunteers at. It won't be long now until I can put David & his toys in the basement for playtime. Then I want to build myself a nice office. The work never ends!

1 comment:

Laney said...

My goodness! Don't you guys ever relax! LOL

Sounds like that room is going to be awesome!