Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Monday, February 27, 2006

Short N Sweet

I was owed some comp time at work, so I decided to take 3 Fridays off. Last Friday, 2/24 was my first one. I decided to take a trip with David to Chester Springs, PA to visit my sister-in-law Tracey, my niece Ally and my Godson Tyler. We were on the road by 9 am with a stop for gas(while I was at the gas station, I noticed that someone had left me a voicemail on my cell. It was my cousin Laura-Ann telling me that my cousin, Kelly was at the hospital in LABOR!) and the car wash. David fell asleep shortly after we left. I sang along with my Sirius satellite radio to Hair Nation and Totally '80s and I was there before I knew it. Tyler and Tracey were awaiting our arrival. It was great to see them, we had not seen them in almost 1 month! Tracey and I got caught up while the kids played in the basement. Tracey's girlfriend Maria was coming over with her 2 kids and picking Ally up early from school on her way. When they arrived we all had lunch. Tracey made the kids chicken nuggets and she made us the best chicken salad I ever had. After lunch we talked and laughed and the kids ran around like crazy kids. Unfortunately, the afternoon was over quicker than it began and it was time to leave. David slept like a baby the whole way home and I sang. On my way home, I talked to my cousins Mike and Laura-Ann and they reported that Kelly had her baby girl! She was 6 lbs 14 oz and beautiful. It was really a great day. I wish I could get more of them.

No comments: