Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Winter Wonderland!


I guess I spoke too soon. Last week I mentioned that this was a mild winter. All in all, I was right - I mean this was only the second time it snowed all season. It just happened to be a BLIZZARD! I am just glad that it did not ruin our plans for Saturday night. My Dad babysat so Steve and I could meet Matt & Kerry for dinner at Mad City Grill in North Brunswick. We had a great dinner. I had Hell's Kitchen (sesame calamari, veggies, noodles in a Thai peanut sauce), Steve had South Street Seaport (seafood and noodles), Matt had the special (seafood and pasta) and Kerry had chicken and pasta (I forgot the cute name for it). I really enjoyed my dinner - it was HUGE and delicious. The restaurant is bring your own and we did. We talked and laughed a lot. We decided it was too early to call it a night, so we drove in the storm to Cramer's Corner. It is a small bar in New Brunswick that I used to work at when it was called Shea's Place. My girlfriend Michelle still works there and we were hoping she was there, but she wasn't. In fact, we did not know anyone there, BUT we had an awesome time. We all drank WAY too much but had SO MUCH FUN. When we finally decided to leave, the snow was pretty bad. To my surprise, we made it home safe. When we got home David and my Dad were sitting on the couch waiting for us. David was very cranky because he had been sleeping so I took him up to bed. I could not WAIT to hit the pillow. When we woke up there was SO much snow and it was STILL snowing! David was SO excited and I had the worst hang over. Steve was in worse shape than me and he got called into WORK! I made everyone breakfast and we headed outside to dig my car out so Steve could leave. After he left, David and I dug a little more and then we went inside for Hot Chocolate. The rest of the day we spent with my Dad in the den, playing. I did some laundry and tried to straighten up. I had dinner ready for when Steve got home - he was starving. We ate, I cleaned up and now I am ready for bed. It was a great snow day and it still looks beautiful outside. Let's see how easy it is for me to get into work tomorrow!

No comments: