Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Picture People, Opening Day and TV Stars

Yesterday we took our first family portrait! We had it done at JcPenney. Aside from it being 110 degrees in the studio, I think it went well. We took a few family shots, a few of David with each parent and then a few of David. Deciding which poses I liked were pretty easy, but their computer screens were pretty blurry, so I hope we look ok. I certainly ordered enough pictures, even if we don't. After, we took a ride to the Jackson outlets. When we arrived, we were starving so we went to the food court. It turned out to be the right thing to do - it down poured while we ate. Once we were ready to shop, the sun came out. We were on a mission for workboots, sneakers and jeans for Steve. The only store we did well in was the GAP - as always. Steve got 2 pairs of jeans, a pair of jean shorts and a nice linen shirt. I came away with socks and a sweatshirt, while David got 2 pairs of PJ's, a t-shirt and a sweatshirt. David and I napped together when we got home. We had dinner plans with our friends for 7 pm and we ended up bringing David. It was a great dinner. The food was delicious and we had a real nice time. David was so well behaved.

Today was so gorgeous. I could not believe the weather. We had a nice lazy morning - just the 3 of us. After I showered, I went into South River to drop off some Creative Memories orders and to stop at a Stampin Up party. It was nice to squeeze in some girl time. Before I headed back home, I hit the A&P to pick up dinner and a few items. My cousin John and my parents were over when I got home. Steve BBQ'd some burgers and I made some corn on the cob. It was a great way to spend a spring day.

Tonight is opening night for the 2006 baseball season! Although the Yankees are not playing, I do have a fantasy baseball player on each to make the game even more interesting. Tomorrow is actual opening day and the Yankees will be playing, however it is not a sure thing that I will be watching the 10 pm game. I will probably start to watch it and fall asleep or if I get back from the city early enough, I can take a nap and prepare. I am obsessed with baseball, but the west coast games for east coast people are rough - to say the least.

Tomorrow I am taking a very early train from NJ to NYC to meet my sister-in-law Tracey and her two friends, Maria and Kimber. Tracey was kind enough to get us tickets to the Tony Danza show! I am so very excited. I have been to Ricki Lake and GMA, but never made it on TV. I think tomorrow we'll get on. I plan on taping it, to see if I get an appearance. Hopefully after the show we'll grab some lunch before I head back home.

No comments: