Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Thursday, April 06, 2006

April Showers bring a cold?

That is what seems to have happened in the Boettger house. When I got home from NY on Monday, I noticed a runny nose on my little guy. So before we went to bed, I gave him some meds, but in the middle of the night, he was up. He was so stuffy he could not sleep. I gave him a dose of cold medicine, thinking it was his and it was mine! I was so tired I couldn't see straight and when I realized I had given him the wrong medicine, I wanted to die. Luckily, there was not a full dose left in the bottle, so all it really did was give him a peaceful sleep. Tuesday he woke up ok, but as the day went on he started a fever and was very sleepy. Yesterday my Mom said he acted better, but had a cough and a slight fever. I also woke up yesterday with a sore throat and runny nose. So, when I got home from work, we napped. When we woke up, we both felt worse. David was complaining of an ear ache and my throat was on fire. I gave him some Tylenol for the fever and pain and it seemed to work. I too took some Tylenol. We both slept through the night and woke up with our colds still hanging over us. David is home with my Dad today, so I told him to call me if he does not feel better or the cough gets worse. Hopefully, David and I will start to feel better today, but with the crazy weather we are having, I doubt it. Wish us well!

**UPDATE
I took David to the pediatrician late this morning and she diagnosed him with a severe ear infection! He is now on Augmentin. I hope it works...

1 comment:

Laney said...

Ugh! Been there, done that with the medicine! Don't feel badly about it.


Hope he's on the mend!