Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Monday, April 03, 2006

I LOVE NY!

Today was great. I got into the city by 7:30 am and it did not take me long to get a cab. The cab driver was even nice, but I had to tell him slowly where to take me - hehe. When I got to W 66th St, the line for Tony Danza had already started, so I joined it. After about 10 minutes, Tracey, Maria and Kimber arrived. At about 8:15 am, they let us in the building to a cafeteria where you sat at a table and filled out a questionnaire. None of us could think of anything good to write down. At about 9 or so, they had us line up to walk to Tony's studio. On the way, we passed a bathroom and were told if we did not got then, we'd be waiting a long while. I was the only one that took advantage of the facilities. The girls got themselves to the front of the line, so I met them up there. When we got into the studio they sat us in seats that were going to be on camera! It took a while for them to seat the audience - they are specific about who goes where. Once we were all in, the warm up guy (RC) began warming us up and telling us about the show. Before we knew it, we were on air. I was amazed at how tiny Tony Danza is. I mean, I knew he was short, but he is super thin (but built). He looks fantastic - still very handsome. During his monologue, he announced we were all getting a copy of Liza with a Z on DVD. After his monologue, he aired a pre-recorded interview with Orlando Jones. Next Marc Summers(from UnWrapped on the Food Network) did a segment on Ballpark food and we all got free CrackerJacks. Up next was Brian Cox. He is a Scottish actor that as been in a ton of movies and he was promoting something to do with Kilts, so he wore one and had Tony put one on. Well, all of a sudden, some of the audience screamed! It seems Brian was not wearing any underpants and flashed a few people. Unfortunately there were little girls in the section - fortunately, we were not. To end the show, Tony cooked up some eggplant Parmesan. The studio smelled delicious and I don't even like eggplant. Then we got a real treat. They asked us to stay to tape 2 segments with Jerry O'Connell for an upcoming show. When he came out, the audience was very excited. He looked awesome - SO handsome and tall and thin. His segments were great - he was hilarious! The girls and I really enjoyed him. Now we have to watch for when that episode airs, so I can DVR it. When we left the show, we got our DVD and a t-shirt. Then we hoofed it a few blocks to the Carnegie hotel for the girls to pick up their luggage. We are all starving by this point so we took a cab to Carmine's for lunch. Lunch was delicious and a lot of fun. We had fried calamari, salad and penne vodka. There was some calamari left over, so I brought it home for Steve (he is eating it now). After lunch, 3 of us headed to Penn Station and Kimber made her way to Grand Central. On our way to Penn Station, we caught them taping a scene for CSI:NY. I am a huge fan, so I was THRILLED. Once we got to the train station, we went our separate ways and I bought my ticket and waited for my train. I was so tired that the train ride was actually soothing. My Dad was waiting for me when I got off the train and so was David, but he was snoozing. When we got home, my parents left and David and I took a much needed nap. I was glad to be home snuggling my little man, but I did have a fantastic day and hope we can do something like that again soon.

1 comment:

Laney said...

Oh, how fun!!!

I can't believe you went to the Tony Danza show, ROFLLLL!!! Isn't Carmine's wonderful? My mouth is watering at the thought of that garlice bread.

Glad you got to go!