Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

On the mend in NJ, but not in PA


I feel much better today and David is back to his old (?) self. He still has 5 days of Augementin left, but you'd never know he had an ear infection. I woke up this morning without a headache and could breathe - which is always a good sign. Aside from looking ill, I do feel ok. My new concern is my niece Ally. She has been sick since last week but has gotten worse instead of better. When I spoke with Tracey yesterday, she told me that Ally has had a fever and is very tired and weak. She was taking her for blood work. When I did not hear back from Tracey last night, I actually thought that was a good sign. I was wrong. I called Tracey this morning and she was about to take Ally back for more tests and she told me that she'd call later. She just called. The doctor did more tests and has narrowed down the possibilities. They are putting a rush on todays tests, so when Tracey hears something, she'll let me know. I sure hope whatever it is, that Ally is on her way back to healthy soon. It is so sad when kids are sick and it is so scary when even the doctor is not sure what is wrong. I feel so bad that Ally is this ill and that I am so far away. I wish I lived closer so that I could help Tracey, even if it is just for moral support. I can only imagine how this is weighing on her. Hopefully we'll get some news before days end - good news that is. In the mean time, I'll be impatiently waiting...

No comments: