Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

My baby went to Kindergarten

What a BIG day! My baby boy started Kindergarten today. He woke up around 9 am and watched some TV. Then I gave him a shower and he got dressed. I combed his hair real nice and he could not wait to put on his new sneakers. Next it was time to do some homework. He was super excited. He drew a picture of the favorite thing he did this summer. Next he filled out a little questionaire about what he likes and we printed off a picture of him dressed as Indiana Jones to attach. Finally, we all traced our hands on a piece of paper in our favorite color. Dad cut them out and David glued them down. We wrote all our names under our hands and our family name on the top. David even added a photo of our fish Obi Wan. He ate some breakfast and brushed his teeth. Before long, it was time to go out and wait for the bus. He put on his backpack and ran out to see his friends at the bus stop. The 3 of them waited anxiously (as did the Moms, Dads and MomMom) for the bus. I saw him get a bit nervous when it finally did pull up. A nice aide got off to help the kids out which helped. He was on his way.

Steve and I rode over to the school to drop off some classroom supplies and his medication to the nurse. We did not see him arrive at the school - although I was hoping to.

The bus was due back at 3:37 pm but was 30 minutes late! I was close to dying. When the bus did arrive - he did not get off! I asked the bus driver for him and sure enough he came out. I was so excited to see him as was Ms. Ava and MomMom. I asked him how he did and he said he did not like it. I followed up with "Why?" and he said "Because I asked all the kids to be my best friend and they said No." My heart broke. Once we got in the house, I explained that best friends take time, and he should just say that it is nice to meet them and that he would like to be their friend. He said Ok. The rest of the night little bits and pieces came out and by the time he was going to bed he sang me the song he learned.

Overall I believe he had a good day and I hope he does even better tomorrow.

I can't believe he is in KINDERGARTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

MaryBeth said...

What a little sweet heart he must be to be "on the lookout" for a best friend!!

eyes_only4him said...

dont ya just love the 1st day a school?

Corey~living and loving said...

awwwwwwwwwww...it is the little things like the friendships and how they handle that, that makes me so nervous for the. I hope the next day went well.

gina said...

AW, what a sweet, sweet child - hope the rest of the kids realize that over time. :) His outfit was super cute !