Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Change of plans

While we were eating dinner last night, I called my sister in law to ask if we could come a little early. The hotel we were staying in just was not clean. I mean, the beds were ok, but the bathroom was gross. Totally skeeved me out. Of course she had not problem with it, so after Hooter's, we drove to the hotel and packed up in all of 5 minutes! We were on the road at about 7:30 pm and got to their house a little after 12 AM. We quitely snuck up to their beautiful and CLEAN guest room and I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

Today was my niece and nephew's first day back to school. We were lucky enough to get them off the bus. Ally came home first because she is now in middle school! I can't believe it. In fact, her 11th birthday was yesterday. David could not wait for Ty to get home. The guys were getting ready to head out for the draft, when Ava went crazy. Ally and I took her for a ride so she would nap and she got about 30 minutes in. When we came back home, we changed her, gave her some Motrin for her teeth and went to a local restaurant. Tracey had the great idea to eat outside. It was a beautiful night and the kids could be a little rowdy without bothering anybody. Well, at least any 'normal' body. I say that because some old woman, her husband and HER DOGS were bothered by our kids. Oh Well! Dinner was delicious. After, we let the kids play a little and then we went back to Tray's. Ally gave Ava a bath for me (HUGE HELP) and Ty played his guitar for David. Once everyone was in their PJ's, the kids entertained each other. It was so cute to hear them all giggling together. Ally and Ty went to bed and soon after Steve and Rich got home. I had already packed up the car and we were on the road back to NJ around 10 pm. It was a long day, but a great day.

1 comment:

beach mama said...

So glad to see a kid playing a REAL guitar and not a video game one! LOL!