Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Back to School Night

Today was a sick day for me. Not because I am sick, but the kids are. Or at least Ava is. When I woke up this morning, I decided to take a 1/2 sick day and take Ava to the pediatrician. Well, Steve ended up taking her to the appointment so I could shower for work. Sure enough she has an ear infection and is on an antibiotic. I was about to leave for work and David states that he is sick as well and needs to stay home from school. Now he too had a runny nose and cough since Friday, so I call for an appointment for him and call him out of school. I also called in for a whole sick day. I took him to his appointment and sure enough, he has a cold. Leaving the office, there was still enough time to get him home for the bus, but he insisted he felt bad. So we ran an errand and went back home. A little while later, when Steve was leaving for work, David told me he wanted to tell me something. He also told me I could not be mad or cry. HMMMMMMMMM. Never a good sign. That is when he confessed that he felt well enough to go to school, but did not want to. My first thought was to strangle him, but something popped into my head about him telling the truth and I took that angle instead. I thanked him for being honest and explained that this can not and will not happen ever again. Steve chimed in with the 'boy who cried wolf' story as well. Boy was I PISSED that he got one by me. Later that night when I was at back to school night, I mentioned his antics to his teacher. Just to be sure nothing had happened in class and sure enough nothing had. When I got home, I explained that I was the only Mommy without a letter and picture from their kindergartener. I also told him how I did not know where to sit and that I talked to his teacher. He did not say much but I had to let him know I was disappointed. And here I was looking forward to tonight.

No comments: