Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Men have all the fun

I tried to host a Golf/Scrap event today. It ended up being me, my Mom and my sister in law scrapping and Steve and my brother in law golfing. I hired my niece to babysit so I could get some work done. My daughter was not having it. She was horrible. Whiny, cranky, clingy - you name it. Nothing made her happy and poor Ally could do nothing to entertain her. We even tried putting her for a nap - 4 TIMES! By 3 pm, I had had enough. We all piled into Tray's car and drove over to the Shoppes at North Brunswick to get some shopping in. I had called Steve to tell him we'd meet them for dinner at Bensi in the strip mall and they were only on hole #7. I wanted to crawl in a hole a die. We hit every store and even made a snack stop a the fountain. The boys were being boys and Ava was being a pain in the ass. When I called Steve back at 5:45 pm, they were finishing up hole #18 - THANK GOD. My mom walked down to the restaurant and got us a table outside. There was no way we were eating inside with the raucous our kids would have caused. The guys showed up just in time to sit down. Tray and I finished a pitcher of sangria during dinner and truly deserved/wanted another.

Next time, we'll be golfing in a 4-some. The kids will be on their own!

No comments: