Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

All Star

Tonight was David's 1st T-Ball game. I was so excited for it. He was a little aprehensive about going because he did not have a practice, but my Dad took care of that. He practiced with him in the backyard before we left. My parents went with us to the game - my Dad could not wait to see him play. Once we found the right field and team, he got a red shirt and hat - his favorite color. Everything was a little too big, so we tucked in the shirt and tightened up the hat. Now he was ready. He was #4 on the Muckdogs!
The coach did a drill on ground balls before the game started. David's team was the 1st to bat and David was the lead off hitter. He swung the bat well and hit the ball hard. Down to first base he went. After another few hits, he was the first to score! On the field he played 3rd base but nothing came his way. This time around the line up he batted last - which means his hit cleared the bases. He later told Steve he hit a home run! The bottom of the inning he played left field with a little verbal assistance from Ava.
After the game, I treated him to a Happy Meal. I am so very proud of him. He is my little All Star!

3 comments:

MomMom&Gramps said...

David did an excellent job at T-Ball. Both at bats he hit extremely well.Aside from the actual activity on the field, the best part of the night was after the game when David said to Ava, " Ava, do you want to go into our dugout?" Ava responded"OK". They went hand in hand to see the dugout. They really love one another. MomMom and Gramps are so proud of our family.

eyes_only4him said...

oh thats way 2 cute..

gina said...

Oh so cute! I love kids' activites. :)I love that one of him through the fence -so artsy!