Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Thirty years ago today...

I was born! I can not believe it, but I am 30 - YIKES! Age has never really mattered to me before, but I will admit, 30 matters. I do not necessarily mean in a bad way, but I do feel something.

For those of you that do not know, I was born on my Father's 27th birthday. We always celebrate together, so back in December I wrote an email to Good Morning America requesting show tickets for today. Just this past June, I received an email back granting my request. My Dad made reservations at the Doubletree Suites Hotel in Times Square for last night - great idea - because we needed to be at the studio by 6:15 am this morning. So after work yesterday, Steve and I took the train into NY and met up with my Mom, Dad and David. First we went to the World of Disney store. This place is awesome. It is 3 floors and on the 3rd floor is a meet and greet area with the Characters. Goofy and Max were there so David got his picture with them. Then we headed to dinner at Mickey Mantle's overlooking Central Park. The food was fantastic and David loved all the Yankee stuff (so did I). When we got back to our room, my Dad went out and got Dunkin Donuts for dessert - YUMMY! This morning we left our hotel at 6:05 am for the short trek to ABC studios. We were inside the studio for the taping of a few segments and it was really cool to see the faces I watch every morning in person. After the show we were hungry so we ate breakfast at a 50's diner. We went back to the hotel to pack and wait for Toys R Us to open. Once we got to Toys R Us, David played with the Bob the Builder toys and went on the Ferris Wheel with Steve. They had a GREAT time. While my Dad was checking us out of the Hotel, the rest of us walked to Tiffany's for my birthday gifts. Steve bought me a beautiful bracelet and ring. I LOVE them. We came back home and my Mom and I did some shopping. After dinner we had orange cake (Dad's favorite) and sang Happy Birthday. Today was a really special and fabulous day. On Saturday, my parents are giving me a big 30th B'day party - I am really looking forward to it. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Laney said...

Happy belated birthday!!!

So, how was the big party??