Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Friday, August 05, 2005

A Sweet Surprise

I am STILL sick! What was supposed to be a 24 hour bug has now turned into a sever inner ear infection and a URI. I am on antibiotics and ear drops for pain. I do not think the drops are doing much because I am in a lot of pain. Needless to say, I am NOT a happy camper. I am lucky to have wonderful parents who have been babysitting for David even with me at home. There is NO way I could have taken care of him and myself feeling this lousy. I am also VERY lucky to have Steve. Although he has missed most of my illness he has been concerned and even came home with a Sweet Surprise. When I say he has 'missed my illness', I mean that during the day he is at work and on Tuesday and Thursday night he was helping his cousin Walter with the Middlesex County Fair. See Walter and his father (Steve's Uncle D) are electricians. Every year they are hired by the Fair to do all the electrical work and each night they have to be there. Steve was SO happy when Walter asked him to help. He really likes hanging out with Walter and they do not get to do it that much. They both work a lot and have other responsibilities. I was also very glad that they were together - family is very important to me. Last night when Steve walked in the door, I was still awake. I was too uncomfortable to sleep and missed Steve. I could not believe my eyes! Steve brought home 2 dozen roses for me! What a Sweet Surprise, I was really excited. I LOVE them. He told me that Walter did the same for Laurie - what nice guys we have. When I came downstairs this morning the smell of the roses woke me right up and reminded me that Steve was thinking about me. It made another day of feeling crappy a little brighter.

2 comments:

Laney said...

oh, poor Cara! I hope you are feeling better soon.

Nice flowers, nice guy! :-)

Laney said...

Just FYI, you can get the picture and what you want to blog about in the same post. After you send the picture to blogger, just go to "edit posts" and click on it. You will then be able to have it all on one. I was thrilled when I figured out how to do that! :-)