Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

CHANGES!

Sunday Steve went to the nursery and bought some black mulch. This was after he maticulously installed railroad ties as trim for the new landscaping. He worked his butt off all day. After the mulch was in place, I took some more pix. It looks awesome. I am really proud of him. I'll post the pix later. After he cleaned himself up, we took David to Pt. Pleasant and met my parents. Talk about CHANGES. When I was younger we went to Pt. Pleasant instead of Seaside to avoid the 'interesting people'. I can tell you that those 'interesting people' now call Pt. Pleasant their home. It was aweful. All the woman wore daisy duke and half shirts with all their 'junk' hanging out. And there was a LOT of junk to hang out. The guys all thought they were Andrew Dice Clay with the vugar lanuage to boot. We had a quick bite to eat at Martell's and that cost me $20 for a turkey burger, 2 sodas and shrimp - SO NOT WORTH IT! Then we took David on the rides. He really enjoyed them, but I had to fight with the other parents that do not understand what waiting in line means. It really is not that hard 'interesing people' - you have to wait your turn! We stopped for ice cream before heading back to the car. David had vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles and enjoyed every bite. I had a few bites of his. On the way home, Steve and I discussed the evening and were so surprised by the CHANGES. I guess eventually I'll get used to it. But I will never become one of those 'interesting people' - I promise!

1 comment:

Laney said...

I know what you mean! Where did all of the normal people go??

Too funny about all "the junk" hanging out!