Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

BAMM!

That is how this sickness I have came on. I was at work yesterday and started to feel a scratchy throat. I got Advil and a throat losenge from a co-worker. I felt better. I took David to the Middlesex Cty Fair and was still OK. After we ate and were walking around in the unbearable heat, my legs started to feel like Jello and I was very achey and weak. By the time I got to my car, I was not sure I could make it home. Thank God I did, but when I got home I was SO SICK. I went upstairs and got into my PJs. I had to get David ready for bed and he was not helping. I finally gave up and layed on the couch. I was FREEZING - so I put a blanket on. David was not tired and did not understand how I was feeling so he was jumping all over me. I was in so much pain because of my aching - I was actually crying. The only thing I could imagine to do was to go upstairs in my bed and turn out all the lights and hope he would fall asleep. After another 20 minutes of him playing in the dark, he did fall asleep. This whole time I was so uncomfortable - I did not know what to do. I tossed and turned, put the covers on and took them off, I turned on the fan and turned it off. Steve finally got home at about midnight from helping his cousin Walter with the fair. I have never been so happy to see him. I had only been home for 4 hours but it seemed like a lifetime because I was so miserable. He put David in his crib and I took Tylenol PM and FINALLY fell asleep. I woke up this morning to my Mom bringing me tea and toast - she had this bug earlier this week. That made me feel a little better. I still feel weak, but my throat is a little better and the aching has passed. David went with my parents to LBI to visit some friends, so I am resting to get over this thing. Hopefully, I'll be back to my old self tomorrow.

1 comment:

Laney said...

There is nothing worse then being sick and having to take care of the children! Been there, done that!

Hope you are feeling better!