Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Sat out this year

For the past 2 years, my cousins Mike and Laura-Ann plan a Kenny family softball game/picnic during the summer. It's held at Johnson's Park off River Rd. The first year it was hotter than hell. Last year it was hot and then we had a thunderstorm. This year, it was FREEZING! Go figure. Aside from the weather, we had a great time. The game began at noon and was very intense. My husband HATES to lose so thank GOD, he was on the winning team. He passed off his MVP trophy from last year to Jen. She is amazing! Next it was time to eat. Hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill and lot of side dishes. I had the tortellini salad, the ziti and the potato salad. All delicious. My Mom made her Friggin Dip in a huge aluminum pan and it went like hot cakes. Everyone loves that dip. The rest of the day was spent trying to stay warm and chatting. David had a lot of fun with Mike's other godchild Matthew. They played ball and tag. Towards the end, some wild and crazy family members (they shall remain nameless) did keg stands! That was hilarious. Before leaving the dessert was put out so my Dad and Anna made a trip to Dunkin Donuts for a Box of Joe and some hot chocolates (1 for me, please). After the keg was kicked, we decided to take the party back to our house. Jill, Joe, Laura-Ann, Mike, John, Jay and my parents came back and we ordered some pizza. Joe had picked up beer. The guys hung around the computer watching silly YOUTUBE clips and the girls ate and gossiped. By the end of the night we were watching chapters of R. Kelly's In the Closet. VERY STRANGE, however addicting. We ended at chapter 12 and I feel that my life is incomplete without the rest. I sure hope we can watch the rest on Sunday at Uncle Tom's Labor Day bash. Anyone care to join me?

No comments: