Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Monday, August 14, 2006

Daddy Blues

Last week my husband helped his cousin out by working long hard days at the Middlesex County Fair in our home town. At first, David thought this was WAY cool, until about the 3 or 4th day when he realized that Daddy was not home. See, Steve would leave in the morning by 7:45 am before David woke up and would come home after midnight and after David had gone to bed. We would venture to the fair around dinner time everynight to visit Daddy, but most often, he and Walter were still turning on the lights and putting out fires (not real ones). There were a few days that Steve was able to spend some real time with us, but unfortunately David did not respond well. He missed his Dad so much, that he acted like a raging maniac and then Steve would rather we just went home (sort of). Well, that week has now ended and tonight when Steve gets home from work, he and David will have time to get some bonding done. I asked my Mom to go home as soon as Steve walks in and I am going to get my nails done right from work. That should give them a good hour and a 1/2 to play rough or whatever it is they want to do. When I get home, I'm going to take them both out to dinner at Outback Steakhouse. Steve deserves it - he did a great job last week. I am very proud of him!

No comments: