Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Weekend Update

This weekend was beautiful. I started my Saturday off by purchasing a new couch on-line. We want to install a sliding glass door in our den so we will be getting rid of the sectional - putting 1/2 in the basement and 1/2 to the curb. I originally thought I wanted a brown leather sofa, but then realized I would need to completely redecorate to accomodate it, so I stuck with blue. Well, to my surprise, the only blue sofa on www.furniture.com was on sale for $199.00! Steve was cutting the lawn, but as soon as he came in, I got his approval and snatched up the sofa. After a quick shower, I headed out to Target (by myself - woohoo!). There were a few things I needed, but I came home with that and some things I wanted. I got a new comforter and sheets set, 2 new table lamps, new bed pillows and some shelves. Before going home, I went to Home Depot and bought some flowers. When I got home, the lawns looked great and the fence was fixed. After we ate our Wawa subs, Steve planted the flowers in my planters. They look beautiful. David played with the new bubble gun I bought him and I relaxed. We did not do anything Saturday evening and it was perfect.

Sunday was my cousin Jill's bridal shower. Her sister, sister-in-law and bridesmaids threw it in Spring Lake at the Spring Lake Manor. I stopped at my Mom's on my way and picked her up. The place looked real nice. She had a lot of gifts waiting for her. When she arrived, she was SO surpirsed - it was great. After a tasty lunch, she got right to opening the gifts. She received some beautiful stuff and thoughtful gifts. I think she really enjoyed herself, as did I. On my way home, I dropped off my Mom. I was home in no time and was greeted by my boys and the new flowers they planted in the front of the house. I could not wait to take a nap, so I did. We watched Sunday night baseball and never really ate dinner. I was not hungry after all that we had at the shower and Steve and David had eaten a late lunch. It was so nice to crawl into my bed dressed in it's new sheets and comforter.

We are looking forward to our new couch being delivered this week - I'll post a picture when it arrives.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Laney said...

Ooohh, a new couch!! Lucky!!

I am dying for a new sectional, I think it would look great in that big ol' living room!