Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Friday, May 12, 2006

Appreciation


We can all take things and people for granted. For example, my husband. Overall, I know he is a great husband and father and I do tell him so, but I still get on him from time to time for things that he does or doesn't do. This past weekend I got a reality check. We took David to Pt. Pleasant boardwalk to go on rides and play games. As I was waiting for the boys to ride the roller coaster, I heard a familiar voice and when I looked up there stood my ex. It was his voice screaming at his son, that I recognized (scary). We said Hello before he took his 2 kids on the coaster and left me with his current girlfriend. She was a real sweet girl and we had a nice conversation. When Steve and David got off the ride, we went on our merry way. I told Steve about my encounter and he laughed. As we were walkling to the arcade, my mind started going. A feeling of great appreciation fell over me. I realized that my life could have been much different and certainly not for the better, had I not married Steve. So I reached for his hand and held it tight. I am so very blessed to have Steve as my husband and best friend. Although we have our disagreements and he does things that I don't like sometimes, that is nothing compared to what I could have been going through. Thanks Babe!

1 comment:

Laney said...

*sniff, sniff*

That was so sweet, we really are blessed, aren't we?

Happy Mother's Day!:-)