Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Monday, May 15, 2006

Lions, Tigers and Mommies - oh my!

My title is a little deceiving, because we did not even see the Lions or Tigers, but we did see lots of other great animals at the Zoo on Saturday. David and I met Tracey and the kids at the Philadelphia Zoo on Saturday. We had not seen them in way too long. Unfortunately, Steve was working and Rich was busy so they missed another good time. We had fun anyway. Tracey bought David a zoo key and a canteen - he was so happy. We saw the monkeys, turtles, snakes, gators, lizards, elephants, kangaroos and hippos. The kids played in the tree house and took a ride on a pony. They even got their faces painted! Ty and David got Pirate faces and Ally got flowers. As we were eating lunch (next to some interesting people) the thunder started. By the time we were finished the rain started to fall. We had made it to the petting zoo where there was some cover thinking we'd wait out the storm but after about 30 minutes, we were smart enough to realize it wasn't going to stop. So we braved the rain and headed to our cars. My ride home was dry as a bone and it never did rain in NJ. Tracey did not have the same luck. Although we ended the day with rain, the rest of our trip was a great time.

As we all know, yesterday was Mother's Day. We started off my special day with breakfast at The Breaker's with my parents, grandparents, Uncle Bob, Uncle Jim, Aunt Debbie and cousins Jeff, Tom and Allison. I ordered chocolate chip pancakes and they were terrific! My Grandfather gave all the Mom's scratch off tickets and I won $1. After breakfast, we went to my parents so I could exchange gifts with my Mom. She gave me a gift certificate for Old Navy and some prego undies. I gave her the Mother/Daughter Willow Tree figurine and a book. David gave her sunless tanning stuff from Bath and Body works. My Mom left for church, so we headed back to East Brunswick. When we got home, David and Steve gave me my presents. I got a beautiful Pregnancy Journal, Beach Road and 50 First Dates (DVD). My parents came over later along with my Aunt Judy and Uncle Jack. We ordered some Chicken Holiday - it was tasty and NO COOKING! After dessert (Dunkin' Donuts) everyone headed home and Steve and I were settling in to watch my new movie. Just then, there was a knock at our door. It was my cousins Kate and John. They came to wish me a Happy Mother's Day - aren't they sweet! Best of all, John got me a card that made me teary. What a great kid - love him! He really is like a son to me. Once they headed out, Steve & I did watch the movie. It was great - Adam Sandler can do no wrong with me. I love ALL his movies, but this one was really sweet. I recommend it.

So there you have it. A great trip to the zoo and a fabulous Mother's Day! I hope you all had a great day too.

1 comment:

Laney said...

I hate preggo panties!! For my last pregnancy I got the thongs, have you seen them? Sooo comfy, and kinky!:-)

I got my mom that same willow tree figurine, it's beautiful!