Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Monday, March 20, 2006

Javy Lopez wasn't taken in the 1st round?

This past Saturday, Steve and I hosted our annual Fantasy Baseball Draft. The group started to gather around 12:30 pm while I was at the food store picking up lunch meat and rolls. Jack arrived early to put the $100, I mean $40, draft board together and Mark and John arrived early out of excitement. We started drafting around 1 pm with John having the 1 st pick. He chose David Wright which left Sheffield out there for me until Walt picked him up with his 1st pick. I was third to go, so I chose Ichiro being that Walt stole Sheff. That is pretty much how the rest of the afternoon went. Every time someone chose a player, the person that was due to choose next got bummed out. Well, I should not say EVERY time. There were a few surprise 'picks' that no one else seemed to want and believe me, when they were chosen the jokes came flyin'. Overall the day went well and quick. We were done drafting by 4:30 pm, but that was when the critiquing started. The guys that stayed, stared at the draft board admiring their team and ripping apart the other 9. I was real happy with the team I had chosen. I guess we just have to see what the season brings...

1 comment:

andrewnamy said...

At first glance, I thought you were talking about Jennifer Lopez playing Sue Ellen Ewing in the Dallas movie.