Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Friday, March 10, 2006

Dreamin' of surf and sun

Although it is early March, today was one of the best 'Spring' days ever. The weather was terrific and I had the day OFF! I originally took today off to get ready for tomorrow, but I worked my butt off every night this week and had very little left to do today. So, I treated myself and David to a trip to the beach. We drove down to Spring Lake and picked up my parents. Then we headed to the Breaker's for lunch. My Mom and I shared a delicious egg salad wrap with a side of fruit, my Dad had tuna and David had mozzerella sticks. After we were full, my Mom headed to work and the rest of us went to the beach. David and I actually went on the beach. We picked up smooth rocks and tiny shells. The surf was rough, but the sound was so soothing. It was great, we were the only 2 people on the sand. The boardwalk was hoping with walkers and my Dad, sitting on the bench. After a while, we jumped in my car and took a ride to Lavalette to check out my Aunt Mary and Uncle Bob's new shore house. It did not take long for David to fall asleep. When we got there, I got out to peek in the windows. It is really nice and very roomy. There is a little more work to be done, but it looks like it will be ready for the summer. I drove my Dad to Manasquan (where my Mom works) to pick up his car and then David and I drove home. He slept the whole way home too. When we got home, he woke up and we picked up our findings from the car and headed inside. David was very upset when he took off his shoes and sand fell out. He came running into me asking for the 'little vacuum'. He is going to make a wonderful husband! We had a really great day and I hope there will be a lot more like them, and soon!

No comments: