Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Crying like a baby

Yes, that's right...Ava is a very cranky baby. When she wakes up in the morning, she coos and gagas in her crib and it sounds so cute. She is even happy after her 1st bottle and nap. Once 3 pm hits, it's all down hill from there. Sometimes, it's even earlier than 3 pm. This weekend was horrible. After working 8 hours a day for 5 days, I usually love my weekends. This one, I could have lived without. I cleaned the house Saturday morning while she napped and that was the only good I did all weekend. I had a Dermatologist appointment on Saturday afternoon and Steve said she was awful while I was gone. I sure saw what he meant when I got home. For the rest of the day, she was miserable. My cousins Mike and Laura-Ann came over and we grabbed a bite to eat at the Grove. I felt SO bad for them, having to sit through a dinner with a crying baby. When we got home, she was no better. I was so relieved to put her to bed. Sunday Steve let me sleep in and he said Ava was a doll while I rested. I got up around 9 and she was still a happy girl. Then, the afternoon hit. We went to Home Depot and she screamed. We drove in the car and she screamed. Again, I could not wait till it was her bed time. I know that David was an exceptionally good baby and we were probably spoiled, but I really feel like I am going to lose my mind. Sometimes I wonder if we spaced the kids out too far and Steve and I are just over the 'baby' stage. But than again, if she was a happy, giggly baby - I think we'd be enjoying it as much as we did when David was this age. Ava has her 4 month check up on Monday the 12th. I am going to talk to the doctor about her crankiness. Maybe she/he knows some tricks. They will also be starting her on cereal - that might help her. If not, I might end up needing something to help me :(

No comments: