Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Monday, December 19, 2005

NYC

Every year for the past few years, my family makes a trip into NYC to eat, drink and see the tree. This year it was a little different. First thing that changed was Steve's presence. Usually he ends up having to work, but not this year. To most, that would be a nice thing to have your husband be able to join you on a trip to NYC, but not for me. Aside from the fact that he is not a NYC fan, the Giants were playing at 5 pm. We had discussed this during the week and I had told him to PLEASE stay home, but he insisted on coming. Of course, he was NOT a happy camper which in turn made my trip unpleasant. Another change was that Aunt Mary, Uncle Bob and Christopher joined us. This was a GOOD thing, actually a great thing. It was really nice to see Chris, he lives in NYC and I do not see him as much as I'd like to. It was more like old times when all our family used to hang out - like at Brookside. The final change was the independence. Normally, we meet and hit all the sites as a group. This year, everyone did their own thing and we only met up for lunch. Because Steve had ants in his pants, I did not get to do much. We went to Toys R Us, ESPN Zone and the tree. I wanted to go to the Disney Store, FAO Schwartz and just see the sites. I guess I'll just have to hit them up next year, when I fly SOLO.

1 comment:

Laney said...

I love going into the city! How fun!!