Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Monday, December 12, 2005

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

This past weekend was one of the best weekends I've had in a while (not that any of them were bad). Friday morning we woke up to snow, so I was fortunate enough to work from home. I really love working from home. I just pop out of bed, make my way downstairs to the computer and start my day. I always seem to get so much more done on WAH days. My Mom made us grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch and before I knew it, my work day was over. Steve had gotten home a little early cause he went in VERY early, so I was able to jump right in to cleaning the house. After taking a shower, I ran over to the A&P to pick up food for Saturday. When I got home, we took a ride to the diner for dinner, but it was jam packed so we ate at Gavlan's. This was only our 2nd time there - I was boycotting because they cut down trees and now I can see Rt. 18 too clearly - but we were hungry. Our dinner was delicious and HUGE. We made the mistake of ordering nachos (much better than the 1st time we were there) and ate all of them. David got pasta with butter and a big salad and that was off the kids menu! Steve had a cajun chicken sandwich and I ordered a southwest pizza. I changed the sauce from marinara to BBQ - awesome. Once we got home, I started to put the house together for my Holiday Shopping Open House that I held on Saturday. I did not go to bed until well after 1 AM. I woke up bright and early on Saturday and got to cleaning. Steve and David went to Vo-Tech for the Santa Breakfast. It was perfect, I cleaned, prepped and showered all alone. When they came home, Steve helped me do a few things and then Jean showed up. She set herself up and I got the food ready. Steve, David and Zach headed upstairs. Megan and her friend were our first customers. Then my Aunt Carol came in. Corey dropped by with Jean's Mom, she stayed, he left. Aunt Kathy and Jackie showed up and then Theresa came too. We all hung out, ate, drank, shopped and gossiped. Jean sold some pieces and I sold some product too. It was a really great day. After I cleaned up, Steve, David and I went to get our Christmas tree. There was slim pickings, but we got one. We wanted a skinny one and we got it. I have to tell you, for a good Xmas tree story, visit Mike's blog. Anyway, David helped Steve set the tree up and unwrap it - he was very excited. Steve cooked a london broil on the grill for dinner - it was very tasty. David wanted to play poker - yeah I know - so we played and then it was time for bed. I slept right through my nail appt on Sunday morning - oops! So we had a nice lazy Sunday. I made David pancakes (microwavable) with whipped cream - he loved them. I ran to A&P and Kmart for some little things. When I got home, we decorated the tree and the house. At first David was very into it and helpful, but then he got distracted, so I finished up. During this time, I was watching the Giants beat the Eagles - YAHOO! I made chili for dinner and then we ran back to Kmart for more outdoor lights. Our trip served 2 purposes - the lights and David falling asleep. We succeeded on both fronts - until we walked in the house. David jumped out of arms with more energy then ever. Steve and I just looked at each other in amazement. David played on the computer and we watched the ever so boring Sunday night football game. When it was time for bed - I was elated. I was exhausted. I really had a great weekend.

1 comment:

Laney said...

Sounds like you guys were busy!! It's no wonder you slept thru your nail appointment!

;-)