Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Monday, March 28, 2005

It doesn't FEEL like Easter

Not only was yesterday Easter, it was my husband Steve and my 6th wedding Anniversary. Although, it did not feel like either to me. It was too cold to be Easter and because it was Easter, we did not celebrate our Anniversary. I seem to remember Easter being a sunny and warm Sunday when I was a kid. I have even seen pictures of me and my sister in pastel dresses without coats outside having fun. Where have those days gone?

All that said, we did have a good Easter. David was a good boy and received some good stuff from the Easter Bunny as well as his relatives. We had a delicious brunch at my parents new place with my Dad's side of the family and then I cooked a turkey dinner for my husband's side of the family. David got to play with his cousins, Steve got to hang out with his brother in law and cousin and I got to chit-chat with the girls! A good time was had by all.

2 comments:

Laney said...

Hey! Happy belated anniversary!! Glad you had a nice Easter. I'm with you, I am so sick of the cold and rain. Easter is supposed to be warm. My mother has those same pictures!!
Laney

andrewnamy said...

We are definetly sisters who think a like. While we were waiting for our table at brunch yesterday morning, there were two little girls wearing their bonnets & matching pink dresses with white gloves, white shiny shoes & white socks with a ribbon on the side...sound familiar?? Andrew made a comment that we will never dress our little girl like that.. but I said we would because it reminded me of when I was a little girl. We just won't give her a perm!!! Since my weather was a little warmer, it felt like Easter to me, but I wish I could have spent it with you & David. And, I can't believe it has been 6 years!! Happy Anniversary. :)