Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

How to Be a Good Mom

As all mothers know there is not a book with the title 'How to be a Good Mom'. Although it would make things easier each child and parent are different so no one book could teach anyone such a hard, yet rewarding lesson. I feel in my first 21+ months as David's mother that I fall into the 'good mother' category. I am far from perfect, but trying everyday. I was home with David for 3 months after he was born. When he was 4 months old I worked from home so my Mom helped out. Then I returned to work in the office full time and I have been there ever since. My parents take care of David while I am at work. They have done a fantastic job. I could not ask for better and David LOVES being with them. I know that I am truly blessed to have them. But recently my 'good mom' instincts kicked in and I have started to look into daycare for David. I know that some people would think that looking into daycare would fall under 'bad mom' but as David's mom, I know that is what he needs and wants. He is very social and smart. He loves to be with other children and he loves to learn new things. So I am signing David up for 2 days a week of daycare at the end of June. He will be 2 years old by then. I think my parents need the break and David needs the socialization. I do NOT look forward to that first morning when I have to drop him off at daycare, but I will just remember that I am being a 'Good Mother'.

P.S. Wish me luck - TEARS!

No comments: