Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

May Day

I can't believe it's May already. This year is flying by. May is a good month. The weather is usually pretty nice and the days are bright. I like the sunshine when I get up in the morning a lot better than the pitch dark of the winter.

Anywho...It's been a while since I wrote and we've done a bunch of stuff, but something I must report first is....AVA IS SITTING UP!! She is too cute. Sometimes she forgets and falls back, but overall, she is a SITTER!

Okay, now to what we've been up to. The weekend of 4/21 was beautiful. I took the kids, picked up my cousins and headed to my parents down the shore. On the way, I learned that Mike and Laura-Ann will be moving in June to AZ! I am very happy and excited for them. I know this is something they've always wanted to do. I'll miss them lots, but wish them a lot of luck. At my parents, we hung on the deck and took a trip into town to browse. In town, I found a great little shop with gorgeous portrait pictures. The pictures were taken by the owners sister and I took her info. **SIDE NOTE: I gave it to Steve and told him I want the kids pictures as my Mother's Day gift. So I have an appt on 6/20 at 6 pm for photos on the beach. I am SO very excited.** That night we had dinner at Edgar's. Steve never made it down, his game went long and he was not in a good mood. Sunday was a lazy day and I loved it.

During the week Steve had a game every night. I took the kids to the Monday game and we hit Houlihan's on the way home. Tuesday I attended Ethic's Day at work. I was not loooking forward to it, however, I ended up enjoying it. They had a speaker by the name of Randy Cohen who writes for the NY Times. He did a great job. Very funny and full of info. Thursday I went into NY for a conference for work. It was ok. A tad on the boring side. That evening the kids and I met Laurie and Tom at the Mall. We let the kids play and go on the rides. They had fun. Friday Steve's game was rained out. For dinner we met the Danley's at Jensen's, but the wait was too long. So, we ordered and brought it back to their house.

This past weekend I held a Honeymoon Album party. My friend Therese came and started her first scrapbook. She went home with 3 beautiful pages. Aunt Carol started an album and using a Snap Pack got quite a few pages done. Laurie worked on Tom's album and finished 3 pages she was struggling with. My Mom got a bunch of pages done for my Grandparents album. Overall, it was a productive day. So productive in fact, I finished a Disney album I had been working on Sunday. Steve powerwashed the house and the deck and they look brand new. We ate dinner on the deck and watched some TV. Again, a nice lazy Sunday.

Yesterday I met my Mom at the pediatrician's office because Ava was not feeling too good. The doctor thinks she might have allergies or the start of an ear infection so my Mom is bringing her back Friday with David. They'll both have their ears checked.

That's all for now. Hopefully I can post again this week. Take care.

No comments: