Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

We weathered the storm

I have never seen so much rain! My Mom and I ran out to Pathmark on Sunday and came home drenched. Then at about 4:30 pm, Steve and I went out to dinner in Old Bridge and were caught in a downpour as we left our house. From the time we got to the restaurant until we got home, the rain stopped. All night it rained, thunder roared and lightening flashed - too weird.

I was shocked Monday morning to get a call from Steve that I should stay home due to the flooding. There was no way for me to get to my office. Rt. 18, Easton Ave and River Road were closed. I spent the day working in the kitchen on my laptop. I got SO much done and the kids were happy Steve and I were home. I had an appointment with the Dermatologist that I ran to and our architect came to review the plans for our kitchen. It was an ugly day.

Tuesday I had planned a work at home day so that I could attend David's Spring Concert. Steve decided to attend too as well as my parents. The show was adorable. David did a great job. He sang loud and did all the moves. We are all so proud of him. After we picked him up from class, we had a conference with his teacher because I missed Parent/Teacher conferences last month. His teachers said he is doing great. I knew he was a smart cookie. We got home a little before noon and I worked the rest of the day from the kitchen on my laptop. Steve headed off to baseball practice around 2:15 pm. David played and Ava slept. Once Steve got home, we cooked dinner, ate, cleaned up and watched the Yanks. I was shocked they were not rained out. Steve and I placed a bet on the game. If the Yanks won, I got a massage and if the Indians won - he did. Guess who's back will be feeling better soon? Yup, ME!

Today I weighed my self to find that I lost another 2 lbs!! I am VERY excited. Only 14 more to go - woo hoo! I am back in the office today. The kids are with my parents. Steve is at work, then has practice and then a meeting. He'll be home pretty late. I plan on eating my left overs from Sunday and scrapping a little bit. That is all dependant on the kids behaving :)

One more thing...here are the kids being kids....
Sleeping
Devilish Smile

No comments: