Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Where is spring?



I am FREEZING and sick. Does not sound like Spring does it? Well, it does not feel or look like it either. The weather made for a very somber Easter. Aside from David getting the gifts he wanted from the Easter Bunny and the kids getting dressed up, the day was pretty blah.

We did go to my Aunt Mary and Uncle Bob's beautiful new shore house for breakfast and that was great. I love the house - very big and airy. Perfect for the beach. Lots of bathrooms and bedrooms. They are going to have a great summer. As always, the food was delicious and the company was fun. We did not stay too long, because I felt like my head was going to explode! I slept in the car on the way home. Something I NEVER do.

Once we got home, I rested on the couch (something else I never do) to try and get rid of my throbbing headache. At about 4:30 pm my parents showed up and we went over to the diner for our 5 pm reservation. I got my usual egg white omelete and David got his 'million dollar pancakes' (otherwise known as silver dollar). Steve got a chicken sandwich that he sent back because it came with a cream sauce on it and my Mom was served the wrong thing. Not such a fantastic Easter dinner.

I had cancelled dessert at our house with my Mom's side because I just was not up to it. So, Steve, David and I cuddled up and watched Star Wars IV. That made my night. Now I have a Bunny ice cream cake in my freezer. Anyone want to celebrate Easter when it gets warmer?

No comments: