Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Monday, May 07, 2007

Scrapping, Golfing & Drinking

WHEW! What a week...

Wednesday we met up with our friends Corey & Jean for dinner at The Grove. It was great to catch up with them and hang out. The kids were pretty well behaved - which always makes dinner better. The food took a while to come out, but it gave us time to chat. They are doing well and we'll see them next weekend for Corey's 30th birthday dinner.

Thursday I met Steve at the Doubletree in Somerset for the Somerset County Scholar Athlete Awards banquet. However, I had about 2 hours between work and the banquet - so my friend (recently turned scrapper) Therese and I went over her house and worked on our albums. I started David's album - FINALLY! She worked on her wedding/honeymoon album. Before we knew it, it was time to freshen up and go. I headed to the banquet and she was meeting friends for dinner. The banquet went well. The food was not great, but it was nice to spend time with Steve out of the house.

Friday during lunch, Therese and I scrapped! We had planned on going back over to her house, but they were paving her road. So, we scapped in her office. Did not get as much done as we liked. If we do a lunch thing again, we're going to have to get out of the office. David attended the Vo-Tech nursery school from 8:30 am to 11:00 am. Steve took him in with him in the morning and my parents took Ava in to pick him up. While he was there, he got a real nice haircut in the cosmetology shop. He had a good day. When Steve got home from practice, I ran over to a 'design your own purse' party at my friend Jennifer's house. Cute stuff - a tad pricey. I bought the Reagan bag in a pink paisley. Good for the summer.

Saturday was jam packed. My friend Jenn and her son Drew picked up David and I for a birthday party for Morgan - the daughter of our friend Jennifer. The party was at Sandy Deck's Parties in Manalapan. The theme was Princess and Pirate. David was in his glory. He loved riding in Jenn's SUV and watching Cars with Drew. Then at the party he had so much fun with all the kids. They had bagels and ice cream. Steve, John and Ava picked us up after it was over and we went to my parents. Steve, John and I golfed on their course. The kids and my parents went to the beach. Golf was fun. I have not golfed a real game since 1994, but I did not do that bad. The guys were giving me pointers and trying to cheer me on. I can't wait to go again. When we got home, I went food shopping for our Cinco de Mayo fiesta. I got mini tacos, mini quesadillas, tequitos, jalepeno poppers, chips, salsa, hamburgers and sausage. Then I got beer and Margarita's. Mark, Jen, Jill, Joe and John were our guests. We ate A LOT of appetizers and drank a lot of beer and ritas. The guys played cards and the girls chatted. A happy Cinco de Mayo was had by all.

Sunday we ate breakfast at IHOP. YUM! David got the Funny Face pancake and hot chocolate. He LOVES whip cream. After we went home and hung around. Then Ava and I took a ride to Flemington for a Framing party at my upline Melissa's house. Creative Memories will be offering custom framing as part of their services. Leaders are already offering it. It's pretty cool. I framed 2 5x7 of David in Disney from November of 2005. I can't wait to get them back. We had dinner when I got home and I was asleep by 9:30 pm.

Manic Monday is here and back to work I went. Steve has a game tonight - he needs to win. My Aunt Mary is coming over to work on the scrapbook with my Mom and I. I am looking forward to that.

Enjoy your week!

No comments: