Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Saturday, November 18, 2006

SHE'S HERE!!


Ava Marie Boettger was born Saturday November 11, 2006 at 12:20 am. She weighed 7 lb, 12 oz and was 19 3/4 inches long. Like any fine young woman, she entered the world with a bit of drama - the umbilical cord was around her neck. However, my wonderful doctor fixed it and Ava was just great. When Steve saw her face, he said to me "I think you just delivered David again". I had to agree. She is absolutely beautiful. To my surprise she is light, just like her father. I thought for SURE, she'd be dark like me. Her cheeks are huge, just the way we like them. We feel so blessed and proud.


Once again, Steve was awesome. He is so supportive and calming. Two things that are a must in the delivery room. Never once did I feel alone or scared, because I knew he was there behind me 100%. Even when I thought I could not push anymore, he knew I could do it. I am so very lucky to have him as my husband and even more so to have him as the father of my beautiful children.


David came to see Ava and I bright and early Saturday morning. He was so cute when he walked in the room. I video taped it, cause I want to be able to replay it over and over. I was so happy to see him. He looked like such a big boy. He climbed up on the chair and looked at her in the bassinet. Next her gave her a big kiss. He was a real good boy. He'll be a great Big Brother!


Sunday we were able to come home from the hospital. I could not wait! I showered and got all ready while the pediatrician checked over Ava. She got a clean bill of health. David and Steve came to pick us up and we were home by 2 pm.


Her first night was ok - she was awake alot, but nothing my Mom could not help me with. Lucky for me :) Since then, she has been getting better and better. We can not ask for anything more.


She has had LOTS of visitors and let each one hold her. David loves to kiss and snuggle her, but then again, so do her Dad and I.

No comments: