Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Friday, October 13, 2006

What a day!

Yesterday we had some great things occur. Two of them were surprises and one was just a blessing.


  • David slept in his OWN bed the WHOLE night!

To some people this would not be such a big deal, because you'd think a 3+ year old was already doing this. Well, in our house, it was not happening. Our baby boy was an awesome sleeper. He slept through the night at 3 weeks old and every night until he turned 2. Then, it was ALL over. We've tried in the past to get him to sleep by himself, but this time we had to put our foot down. With some great advice from Tracey, Wednesday night was the night. AND he did it! Last night I was able to get him to go to bed on time and in his room, but he did end up in our room. I am not as upset about this, because he is learning that he has a bedtime and that he needs to sleep in his own bed. We talked this morning and he told me he forgot he needed to stay in his own bed and he'll try again. That is all I can ask for. I know he can do it.

  • I was thrown a baby shower at work!

On the days David goes to school, I work from home until I pick him up - then I go into work. Yesterday was one of those days. Before I left to go into the office, I got an email for a meeting with my director. I accepted the invite and headed to the office. When I arrived, my co-worker was waiting for me to go over some things she'll take over for me while I am on leave. After we finished, I was called into the meeting with my director that in fact was my SHOWER! I had no idea and was so surprised. All the ladies on our floor were there. We had some delicious cake, cookies and fruit and I received a Target Gift Card, some clothes and bibs, a Pooh doll, a cd and a grooming kit. David was given an Elmo pinata! The card had some really nice wishes written it in. I was very happy.

  • Steve was given a promotion and a raise!

When I returned from my desk after my wonderful shower, Steve called me. He informed me that he just left his bosses office where he was told that he would be bumped up to the next level in his job and would get a nice raise! I was so surprised and happy. Not only for our family, but for him personally. He is well deserving of both. I told him how proud I was and that we'd go to dinner to celebrate.

So, as the title reads....WHAT A DAY!

2 comments:

andrewnamy said...

Congratulations Steve! Mommy's praying for all of us must be paying off. :)

Congrats to David too!

mkenny59 said...

congrats! i'm real happy for you guys. now if steve would just sleep in his own bed. do you have any IDEA how bad his jimmy-legs are?...