Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Monday, October 23, 2006

Putting our Pumpkins in order

Saturday morning David, Steve and I ventured off to Cheesequake Farms in Old Bridge to do some pumpkin picking. We happened to pick a very chilly morning, so we bundled up. When we arrived, we walked through to see all the unusual gourds and fall crops. Then we headed over to the ponies so David could take a pony ride. Usually we take the hayride out into the farm, but I opted to pick from the pre-picked crop this year. I was afraid a bumpy ride would bring on labor! David picked out all our pumpkins. He got one for Steve, one for himself, one for his baby sister and one for me. I wanted one with a little green on it - just to be different. On our way to pay, he noticed the gourds and picked out 4, again, one for each of us. I wanted to buy him a candy apple, but they all had nuts, so luckily he was happy with a chocolate lollipop. When we got to the car to load it up, he insisted that he help Steve. It was so cute to watch him act like a big boy trying to lift those pumpkins. He did a great job. At home, we unloaded the car and he and Steve cleaned the front yard and decorated the porch. We now have a Fall house. It looks great - I love it!

1 comment:

Laney said...

I just caught up! Congrats to Steve for the raise, what a blessing with you going out on maternity leave!

I love the nursery, it looks so sweet. Betcha can't wait to fill up that crib.:-)

Way to go David, sleeping in your own bed and going to bed on time!