Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Sangria sure is good...

I would like to begin this post by congratulating my cousin Laura-Ann on obtaining her Master's Degree - CONGRATULATIONS! She worked very hard and missed a few NJ summers to get it and I am extremely proud of her. Her parents are also proud and so they gave her a kick-butt party this past Saturday at Ria Mar in South River. Although David was invited, we decided to call Megan, our trusty babysitter, into action. Steve and I had a great time. The party was a blast. I drank WAY too much Sangria and danced for hours. I can honestly say that I have not had that much fun in a while. The food was delicious too, but I was really into the Sangria. They hired the same DJ that was at their engagement party and he was awesome. He played all the songs I love and apparently all the songs Mike, Laura-Ann, Jill, Joe, LeAnne and Katie love as well. Most of us were on the dance floor for the entire party. I have to admit, we are some crazy dancers. Steve made a few dance floor appearances - twice he did the WORM! He is paying for it now with bruised knees, just as I paid for all the Sangria I drank on Sunday. I woke up on Sunday morning needing to go pee-pee only to find that my head was THROBBING. I took Tylenol and went back to bed. Our phone rang at 10 am and woke me up - still with a headache. Joe was on the phone asking Steve to pop over to their new place for some help. Sunday was Steve's 33rd birthday, so when David woke up we did the gift thing and then we drove over to Jill & Joe's. I asked Steve to please make a stop at D&D so I could get some hot chocolate and a croissant which he did. I was so excited to see Jill & Joe's place and it was adorable. Very pink, but adorable none the less. I chatted with Jill while the boys fixed some leaks and then we headed home to get ready for the Giants game. Well, I almost did not make it home. My head was still throbbing and now I was nauseous. We had to drive home with the windows down. I made it home without getting sick - thank goodness. I took more tylenol and hit the A&P for chili making supplies and appetizers. My cousins came over for the games and to spend time with the birthday boy/man. We ate all day and had my chili for dinner. At 7 pm, my grandparents and aunts came over to join us all for cake. Steve got some real nice gifts and had a real nice birthday (except for the Giants debacle). Overall another great weekend.

No comments: