Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Monday, September 05, 2005

A great week

Where should I begin? I guess I'll start with Saturday 8/27. My parents threw me a 30th birthday party at Gambino's restaurant in New Brunswick. My sister came up from FL and my sister, brother-in-law and the kids came from PA. Tracey, Rich and the kids stayed with us from Friday to Sunday. On Saturday, Tracey and I spray tanned each other & shopped for new outifts. I got my hair cut, colored and blown out. Then we were off to the party. There were 60 of my closest family and friends in attendance. Rich made a great playlist for the party on his I-Pod for entertainment. The food was fantastic and we all had a great time. Our babysitter Megan came and took care of David, Ally and Ty. I even hired a photographer - they took over 200 pictures. I can not wait to see them. After the party we came back to my house to party some more. Tracey and kids were exhausted and went to sleep. The rest of us just hung out having some beers (in my case wine coolers). Our friend Matt got to stop by after his shift (he's a cop in EB). I really enjoyed my big day. Sunday was all about recovering - I was not feeling my best. I did open my presents. I got some great stuff. Gift Certificates, Money & Jewelery. My sister gave me Tiffany earrings and my sister and brother-in-law gave me a Tiffany necklace. Monday we left for our vacation to Wildwood. We checked into our motel and decided to take a ride to Cape May. David fell asleep on the ride. We walked through the Cape May shops and got some italian ice. When we got back to our motel, we cleaned up and headed to dinner at the Lobster Shack. After dinner, we hit the boardwalk. David loved the rides - there were a lot for his size. My parents came down to visit on Tuesday. We were laying out by the pool when they arrived. David loved the pool. He even learned to jump off the side. Steve took David fishing at the bay, but he got tired so I walked him back and he fell asleep in the stroller. I got ready for dinner while he napped. We all went to The Crab House for dinner. It was delicious. After we ate, we took a walk to the dock so David could watch the boats. Then we headed to the boardwalk. There are 3 piers on the Wildwood boardwalk, so we went to a different one. This one had even more rides for David. He was even big enough to go on a roller coaster with Steve! I was a nervous nelly, but he did great. We went into one of the arcades so David could play skee-ball. While he was doing that, my Mom and I played video poker and she won 125 tokens! David was able to 'buy' a basketball and some other little prizes - he was SO happy. After my Dad had his Mack's Pizza, we headed back to the motel. My parents left and went to AC, we just went to sleep. Wednesday we had a delicious breakfast at Samuel's Pancake House then hung out by the pool. For lunch we went to Moore's Inlet. David was SO excited - Scoop & Muck were working on the beach! The food was good and Steve got a free pitcher of beer. We all took a nap when we got back to our room. When we woke up, we got ready and headed to Schellenger's for dinner. What a great place - great food and great atmosphere. We again hit the boardwalk after dinner. This time I took David on some rides. My favorite is the Big Slide so we went on that. After the rides, we went and got our picture taken at Old Time Portraits. It came out great! We stopped for ice cream on our way back to the motel. Thursday we checked out of the motel and headed to PA. On our way, we stopped at the Cape May Zoo. There is no fee, but you can give a donation. It is a great place. There are lots of animals and it is very clean. I am very glad we stopped. We arrived at Tracey & Rich's around 2 pm. No one was home yet, so I showered. When Tracey got home, we all walked down to the bus stop to pick up the kids. The kids were so excited we were there. It was Ally's birthday so after dinner, Tracey had some neighbors over for cake. We hit the sack early for the next days adventure. Friday we went to Hershey Park! All 7 of us packed in Tracey & Rich's Pilot for the ride. We had an awesome day. The park is HUGE! First we went through the tour and got free candy. Then we were off to the rides. The kids went on some of theirs first and then Tracey and Steve headed to the roller coasters and believe me, there are a lot to choose from. They also have lots of water rides. The park was not that crowded and the kids were well behaved. On the way home the kids fell alseep and the adults sang. It was one of the best days I've ever had. We left PA Saturday morning and headed home. When we got home, Zach was SO happy to see us. The floor was full of dog hair, but everything else was great. Megan had been letting him out and feeding him - she is wonderful. Steve cleaned the floor and I started the laundry. We just relaxed and enjoyed being home. Vacations are great, but nothing beats your own home. More about this weekend to come...

No comments: