Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Football, Traffic and Visitors

It's been a while since I've posted - work has been insane. Since I wrote last, we have gone to the Rutgers football game, I've sat in LOTS of aweful traffic and Steve's parents have come to visit. The Rutgers game was on a beautiful Saturday afternoon unlike last year when we were freezing and wet. The NERDS played the pre-game party and were terrific. David had a blast meeting the Scarlet Knight and playing in all the kids games. I did not have so much fun. Steve decided to park himself near the beer truck and left me to run after David. When it came game time, we piled into the stadium to sweat through the game. The game really was great - they won and made lots of nice plays, but it was HOT. I do not usually complain, but I was not expecting it, so I was not appropriately dressed. My parents, David and I watched the game and David was SO into it. He was yelling "tackle him" and "touchdown". Steve was no where to be found - probably not feeling too good. After the game we came back to our house for dinner and to watch more football. Overall the day was good. Ok, now for the traffic report. NJ must have the worst roads because everywhere you, go no matter what time, there is traffic. I spent most of my time last week in traffic on the NJ Turnpike and Rt. 280. Thursday was the topper - Theresa and I left Newark at 4:40 pm. I did not walk in my door until after 7 pm! The worst part was that we were smooth sailing until we hit exit 10. So from exit 10 to exit 9 we sat for 2 hours! It was aweful and poor Theresa was afraid she would run out of gas! We did not run out of gas - thank God - and we had each other to keep us sane, but we were not happy. Friday I worked from home and it was great. I woke up about 20 minutes before I started work and shuffled to the computer. While it was coming up, I made myself tea. My parents showed up to watch David and he woke up a little later. My day was going well but I had a lot of work to do. I took my shower on my lunch break. David went down for a long nap about 2/2:30 pm right before my in-laws came in. My parents chatted with them until I was done with work. After Steve got home, the 5 of us went to one of our favorite restaurants - Covella's in Sayreville. Our dinner was fantastic. On Saturday Steve worked and his parents went to visit friends, so David and I ran some errands. He was such a good boy. After he and I napped, we went to my Aunt Carol's for John's 22nd birthday. We all had a real nice time. Sunday Tracey and the kids came at 10 am and saw my in-laws off around noon. They stayed till 2:30 and headed to Medivel Times for a birthday party. Jill, Joe and Mike were over watching football. After everyone was gone, Steve and I made dinner and the 3 of us ate. I scrapped while watching the Tommy Lee goes to College finale and football. David wrestled with Steve and watched Mickey Mouse movies and then it was time for bed. I love going to bed - especially when I've had a crazy couple of days. I don't even remember falling asleep. This morning I sat in more traffic to come to work - I sure hope my rides home are better than last week!

1 comment:

Jersey Girl said...

Hi Cara,
I have been to NJ and am back in FL now. We were so busy packing, moving, etc. Whew! Glad that's over. I am sure they are, too.
You've been tagged - check it out on my blog. Looking forward to your answers.