Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Our little girl is blessed


We have the privilege of having our very own Deacon in our family, my sweet Uncle Jack. He married Steve and I in 1999 and baptised David in 2003. This past Saturday was Ava's turn. She was christened at St. Bart's Church. My sister Amy and our brother-in-law Rich stood as the Godparents. The ceremony was beautiful and very intimate. My uncle gave a very inspirational homily and included myself and Steve in the ceremony. It really made me feel so proud to be catholic and so proud to be Uncle Jack's niece. After church, we had a reception at the American Legion in Milltown and our friend Nick did the catering. The food was delicious and we all really enjoyed ourselves. Once that party ended, we kept it going back at our house. After all, there were 1 1/2 cases of beer to finish! Did I mention we're Irish?

God bless our Little Ava Marie.

No comments: