Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Monday, July 17, 2006

Johnnycakes

I have a special relationship with my cousin John, but for this post, we'll call him Johnnycakes. He is like a mix between and younger brother and a son. I am more than happy to report that my husband and Johnnycakes are also close and to my son, well he is his bestfriend. We can always count on John if we need help or to come along for some fun. When we built the addition on our house he and my cousin Mike helped us move our crap. When Steve built on to our deck, John was his partner. If I am stuck for a sitter, he'll watch David. On a lazy Sunday afternoon, he'll join us for dinner and a game. He'll go to Great Adventure or the boardwalk and be Steve and David's ride companion. He is an all around great kid that I am proud to be related to. Although he'll always be a kid to me, he will be finished college soon and be moving on with his life. I hope he knows that whatever he decides to do, he has our support. If he needs help, we are here. If he needs guidance, we are here - (well for that he should come to me and leave Steve out of it. JUST KIDDING DEAR!) When it comes to the ladies - well, I need to approve before he gets too involved. Girls can be cruel and I am not taking any chances on a broken heart.
So, thanks John, for everything. We love you.

No comments: