Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Friday, July 07, 2006

Next: The Swim Team!

For the past 2 weeks, David has been taking swim lessons at our swim club. He had 4 lessons the 1st week and 3 (due to rain) this week. My parents have taken him to all but 1 of his lessons. I was fortunate enough to be off on Monday and got to take him myself. He is great. All the other kids are crying because they are scared or because they want their parents. David goes off with one of the instructors - happy as a clam. They practice kicking, going under water, jumping in and using the noodle to float. He's a natural and loves every minute of it. I am SO proud of him. Today was his last lesson. I sent the instructors a card and some cookies for doing such a great job. When David got home, he had a little certificate with 2 stars and a list of things he learned to do. Perfect for my scrapbook! I think every kid should know how to swim and I am so glad David is on his way.

2 comments:

andrewnamy said...

That is great... sounds like he is taking after his Aunt Amy. He'll just be in a superman bathing suit rather than a wonder woman one.

mkenny59 said...

wait - there are wonder woman bathing suits? i have to call laura...