Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Sick Child

When David woke up yesterday he complained to my Mom that his foot hurt and he would not walk on it. When she called to tell me, I figured he slept on it. She emailed me a few hours later, that he was still complaining and not walking. I told her it was probably growing pains and to give him some Tylenol. At lunch time, my Dad called to suggest I call the doctor. I did and got him an appt in the evening. Well, he has been diagnosed with Toxic Synovitis. It is basically a virus in the hip and is seen mostly in boys between the ages of 3 and 6. His course of treatment is 3 days of Motrin 2 times a day. He should be walking by Friday. The weirdest thing is, he is happy as a clam! He was sleeping like an angel when I left this morning, so I have no update for today yet. I'll post again, if there is any change.

No comments: