Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

First and foremost...

David is all better. As a matter of fact, he woke up Thursday and was back to his old self - PHEW!

On another happy note, Steve was able to fix our air conditioning! We noticed it was not working Wednesday night, but it was too dark for Steve to go outside and see what the problem was. So, when he got home Thursday evening, he and David got to work on it. I had some of the girls over for scrapping - I even got to work on 2 pages! My scheduled workshop is this coming Thursday and I am hoping to continue working.

I worked from home on Friday. Steve came home a little early because we had to get to PA by 5:30 pm. Rich got us tickets to the Phillies game for 7 pm, and we had to drop David off at their house. It was not pretty, but we made it. David went right down the basement to play with Ty and the adults headed to the game. We picked up food before heading to our seats. We all had cheesesteaks - YUM! The seats were great - 31 rows behind home plate. The stadium is real nice but small. It reminded me of the Somerset Patriots field. We had a lot of fun at the game, even though Phillie lost. When we got home I was surprised to find David ASLEEP! I asked Mary the babysitter how she did it and it seemed so simple. Maybe she can come live with us - hehehe.

Saturday the guys had their annual golf outing, so Tracey and I took the kids to Lancaster and shopped the outlets. I was able to pick up a few Father's Day gifts and use my Pottery Barn gift card. We had lunch at Cracker Barrell - it was good. When we got home, Tracey's neighbors invited us over for a swim. They just had a beautiful pool put in. Ally and Ty were water rats and David would not go in. He was only interested in throwing everything and anything in the pool. We did not stay long and when we got back to Tracey's, she threw the sprinklers on for them to run through. The kids played while we sat out on the deck reading magazines and eating chips and salsa. After a while we ordered pizza and calzones to be delivered. The guys got home about 8:30 pm and Steve was smashed. He played a little while roughing up the kids and then went to bed. I stayed up long enough for David to fall asleep on me. The 2 of us slept in Ally's room that night.

Sunday was Father's Day. When we woke up, David gave Rich and Steve theirs cards and wished them a Happy Father's Day. I gave Steve the shirts I had bought him the day before. Tracey had made us reservations at Brickside Grill for a 10 am brunch. There was a lot to choose from. First, I had an omelet, that they cooked in their pizza oven! Then David and I had pancakes that they made to order. Steve had an omelet too, but was not all that hungry. After breakfast we said our thank yous and good-byes and headed back to Jersey.

We unpacked the car and did a few things around the house. At about 2 pm, we went to my parents house. My grandparents were already there when we arrived. David got to play in his Banana Boat on the deck while the rest of us enjoyed the weather. For dinner, we went over to Brielle and ate at the Riverhouse. We were the only people in the dining room. Everyone else was eating outside. We all enjoyed our dinner and the beautiful view. Our ride home was not good. Right before the Tennent/Morganville exit, the traffic stopped. Steve and I argued about taking Rt. 9 and because I was driving, I stayed on Rt. 18. We finally made it home.

Once again, another great and eventful weekend. Boy, do I need to relax! Speaking of relaxing, I did finish Honeymoon by James Patterson. Loved it!

No comments: