For the past 2 years, my cousins Mike and Laura-Ann plan a Kenny family softball game/picnic during the summer. It's held at Johnson's Park off River Rd. The first year it was hotter than hell. Last year it was hot and then we had a thunderstorm. This year, it was FREEZING! Go figure. Aside from the weather, we had a great time. The game began at noon and was very intense. My husband HATES to lose so thank GOD, he was on the winning team. He passed off his MVP trophy from last year to Jen. She is amazing! Next it was time to eat. Hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill and lot of side dishes. I had the tortellini salad, the ziti and the potato salad. All delicious. My Mom made her Friggin Dip in a huge aluminum pan and it went like hot cakes. Everyone loves that dip. The rest of the day was spent trying to stay warm and chatting. David had a lot of fun with Mike's other godchild Matthew. They played ball and tag. Towards the end, some wild and crazy family members (they shall remain nameless) did keg stands! That was hilarious. Before leaving the dessert was put out so my Dad and Anna made a trip to Dunkin Donuts for a Box of Joe and some hot chocolates (1 for me, please). After the keg was kicked, we decided to take the party back to our house. Jill, Joe, Laura-Ann, Mike, John, Jay and my parents came back and we ordered some pizza. Joe had picked up beer. The guys hung around the computer watching silly YOUTUBE clips and the girls ate and gossiped. By the end of the night we were watching chapters of R. Kelly's In the Closet. VERY STRANGE, however addicting. We ended at chapter 12 and I feel that my life is incomplete without the rest. I sure hope we can watch the rest on Sunday at Uncle Tom's Labor Day bash. Anyone care to join me?
Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
I love my birthday! Not only is it in the best season of the year, I am born on my Dad's birthday and therefore get to share my celebration every year. Tomorrow I will turn 31 and Dad will be 58. I usually take my birthday off to do something fun, but with my impending maternity leave, I need to save all the time off I can get. So, I'll work during the day and my parents, David, Steve and I will grab dinner in the evening. At 7 pm, I have invited our families over for cake and coffee. Our family LOVES a reason to get together. I can't wait to see what Steve bought me - he spent his hard earned Fair money at the mall yesterday. The gift he bought for me from David I already have been given. Once Steve told and showed it to David, he HAD to give it to me. It's a beautiful heart locket with Mom engraved on the front. David told me it's to put a picture of him and his new baby sister in. I love it and can't wait to wear it. He was so proud of it. I also already received money from my in-laws that I bought a Yankee wristlet and backpack with as well as got my hair cut. My sister and Andrew bought me my perfume that I needed desperately. The rest will come tomorrow on my actual Birthday. I will be headed to the mall tonight to pick up something for my Dad from David. I have my gift for him and the cards all set. I'll update this post tomorrow with some pictures so you can see what I get too!
- I am embarrased to admit that my sister in law DID in fact buy me 2 birthday gifts while we were in FL. The first was a lilac visor and the second was a beautiful purple Brighton anklet. So Sorry Tray!
- I received money today from my Grandparents and my Aunt Mary and Uncle Bob!
- This morning my friend at work bought me a cute maternity outfit!
- My parents gave me maternity clothes, the Yankee hat I wanted, a beautiful seaglass starfish necklace and belly smooches.
- Steve got me flowers and more perfume.
- Mark and Jen got me a gift card to Sephora.
- Aunt Carol and Uncle Tom gave me money.
- Jill and Joe and Aunt Judy and Uncle Jack gave me scratch offs.
Friday, August 18, 2006
- Recently I said to my husband "I feel bad for David". He looked at me like I had 3 heads and asked "Why?". I explained that when the baby arrives he will not be 'THE ONE' anymore and I don't want his little heart broken. Steve said he understood but that I should not worry. When I asked if he felt bad for him he simply said "No".
- David is a boy and LOVES to play rough. His favorite people to rough house with are my cousins - ages 22 to 28 and of course his 33 year old father. Every once in a while ( not on purpose) he gets knocked around pretty good and I gasp in fear. It is only then that he gets upset. If I were to keep my gasp and fear to myself, he's get up and attack his attacker. Steve is constantly telling me to not be so sensitive or I'll turn David into a wimp.
- Ever since we brought David home from the hospital, I have jumped up to soothe his every little wimper or hard cry. I know that as a baby that is ok, but know he is 3 and I still can't bear to hear him upset. I am smart enough to know, that at 3 years old he is playing me but that cry just breaks my heart. I remember one specific instance when we were trying to get to sleep and David was being a bear. The last straw came when he hurt me somehow. Steve took him out of our room, threw him in his bed and locked our door. David got out of his bed, walked back to our room and tried to get in. When he realized the door was locked he started to wail. Steve would not let me go get him so I started to wail. After a good 5 minutes, I could not take it anymore and climbed over Steve to get David. When I opened the door he was sitting on the floor a mess. I got down on the floor, held him in my lap and he fell fast asleep.
- I work a full time job and everyday, I feel guilty. I know that I HAVE to work in order for us to live, but I still feel the guilt. I hate to leave David in the morning whether he's asleep or awake. While I am at work, I am constantly wondering what he is doing and wishing I could be spending my day with him having fun. It's not that I do not want to work, it's that I would rather just be Mom. Mom is a the only title I want.
- Being pregnant is wonderful. I have not gotten morning sickness or any of the other bad things that can come. I feel great and if I can say so myself, I do not look too bad. There is nothing like the feeling of the babies 1st 'kick'. Although you can have your husband feel your belly from the outside, he has no idea the sensation on the inside. Same goes for the birth. Obviously there is pain, but he has NO idea how it feels, no matter how hard he tries to say to does. A kick in the testicles, is just NOT a comparrison. I am not complaining about the pain - to be honest I have forgotten all about it. Then there is that unbelievable feeling of seeing your child for the first time. That immediate out pouring of love and bonding that happens after all the pain is over. I almost feel bad for Steve and the other Dads in the world. I do not think that moment is the same for them. I do believe they have a similar feeling, but nothing like a Mother.
Monday, August 14, 2006
Last week my husband helped his cousin out by working long hard days at the Middlesex County Fair in our home town. At first, David thought this was WAY cool, until about the 3 or 4th day when he realized that Daddy was not home. See, Steve would leave in the morning by 7:45 am before David woke up and would come home after midnight and after David had gone to bed. We would venture to the fair around dinner time everynight to visit Daddy, but most often, he and Walter were still turning on the lights and putting out fires (not real ones). There were a few days that Steve was able to spend some real time with us, but unfortunately David did not respond well. He missed his Dad so much, that he acted like a raging maniac and then Steve would rather we just went home (sort of). Well, that week has now ended and tonight when Steve gets home from work, he and David will have time to get some bonding done. I asked my Mom to go home as soon as Steve walks in and I am going to get my nails done right from work. That should give them a good hour and a 1/2 to play rough or whatever it is they want to do. When I get home, I'm going to take them both out to dinner at Outback Steakhouse. Steve deserves it - he did a great job last week. I am very proud of him!
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
to post after we got back from our vacation, but my computer tossed the post before I could publish so I gave up.
Where should I begin?
Well, we went away for a week at the end of July to visit Steve's parents in FL. The main reason for our visit was my mother-in-law's 60th birthday. I think she was glad we were all there (my sister and brother-in-law and the kids came too). We did a lot in a week - a trip to St. Augustine, a visit to the Magic Kingdom, a boat trip, many dinners and a visit from my sister and her husband. It was nice - great to get away.
Since we've been back life has been just as crazy as before we left - although my parents missed David so much they took him to their place for a mini vacation for 3 days the week we got back. Steve and I got to catch Pirates of the Carribean (loved it) and grab dinner. That was a treat.
Business has been good. I had a kids crop that went well and I have 3 events this month - one of which is another kid crop. I completed an album for my niece as part of her birthday gift and I hope to start David's album soon. Creative Memories just unveiled all their new items for fall and I am SO excited. I think I can really move forward.
This week Steve is helping out his cousin Walter and putting in a lot of hours. David and I have been going to visit him and get a bite to eat. We miss him when he's not home. It's hard to go to sleep without him there. He is working hard and enjoying the time he is getting with his cousin and uncle. Maybe he'll decide to become an electrician!
Today I had a OB appt and my glucose test. All is well with our baby girl and I'll find out my test results next week. Heard her heartbeat - nice and strong. I stopped off at Home Depot over the weekend and got some paint swatches. Once we get that bed out of there, we can get to work on the nursery. I can't believe she'll be here in only 3 months! We are all so excited to meet her.
I guess that is enough for now. I will post again soon.